I work with parents like you that have little ones or preteens. You want the world for them, but you’re worried and at a loss as to how to handle the challenging behaviors in your children. Whether it’s biting, hitting, and tantrums, or surly behavior and the silent treatment, the underlying issues that cause those behaviors usually don’t go away on their own.
I’ll teach you the right tools to turn your child’s behavior around and develop the confidence you need to make parenting more enjoyable and less stressful. Every parent needs support. Nobody should have to figure it out alone. Working together, you’ll get the support you deserve and just the right strategies to bring warmth and joy back to your family—even on the hard days!
– At a loss as to handle your child’s upsets and tantrums?
– Reacting to your child in anger and frustration?
– Parenting in isolation, with too little support?
– Unsure of how to help them when they are aggressive, anxious, or afraid?
– Find yourself worried, tired, and stressed a lot?
Does any of that sound like you? One mother I know that was having a hard time with her six- year old said, “If I was in a relationship like this with my husband, I would leave. But this is my daughter, so I can’t.”
Some days are tough! You weren’t born knowing how to parent. But what if I told you that parenting didn’t have to be so hard and you could feel confident about your parenting skills and in charge of each situation that comes your way?
Imagine feeling more relaxed about your child’s emotional moments and having the right tools to bring your child back on track. Picture yourself feeling confident and equipped with strategies to reduce your own triggers so that you’re not reacting angrily to your children, but listening to them with an open heart and a relaxed mind.
When I first started working with Julie, I was dealing with whining, fighting between my two daughters (3 & 7), and losing my temper. It seemed like chaos was the status quo, and I wasn’t sure how to sustain harmony, a sense of safety, and peace of mind. I needed a set of tools (or new habits) that were easy to remember and readily applicable. I’m not sure I can put a price on the new sets of skills and habits that our family gained. I now feel more capable to deal with whatever emotions come our way. My relationship with my girls is calmer, there is considerably less shouting, and I feel so much more positive about myself as a parent.
– Having a way of setting limits, which instead of building anger and resentment, can actually foster cooperation and closeness.
– Knowing just the right tools to help your angry, aggressive child become more playful and compassionate.
– Finding the silly in you, so that you can reduce tension in your family and help your children “play” through some of their fears and inhibitions. You’d be surprised at how powerful this is!
– Having proven techniques to help your child be more self-assured and compassionate with their friends and family. Techniques that will also help children navigate social situations and school settings with ease and confidence.
– Getting the support to work through the places where you get stuck, worried, stressed, and triggered as a parent so that you can break through the barriers that keep you from knowing how much you love your children.
Because recent research shows that regardless of background, a close parent-child connection throughout childhood and beyond is the strongest factor in preventing a variety of health and social problems, including young people’s involvement in drugs, violence, and unintended pregnancies.
This eight-week program will turn your parenting around.
What you’ll get:
– Bimonthly 1:1 group coaching sessions over the phone, via Skype, or Google Hangouts, your choice.
– A set of valuable “Listening to Children” booklets written by parenting expert, Patty Wipfler, founder of Hand in Hand Parenting.
– Unlimited email support during the eight weeks as you implement the strategies and techniques that we cover in our calls.
– Additional customized information that addresses your specific challenges and supports the challenges that you have in your family. This family specific resource kit helps you to apply the skills that you are learning throughout your course.
You’ll also learn:
– The common causes of tears and tantrums and their benefits—as well as how to manage the meltdowns.
The brain science behind your children’s emotional moments, which can help you be more empathic and less frustrated, embarrassed, or exasperated.
– Skills and tools that consistently work across a variety of situations and continue to be effective as your children and your family change and evolve.
– Family relationships based on positive communication and trust that will establish an excellent foundation for open dialogue as your children become older and the situations become more complex.
– A supportive way to work through your own unique struggles as a parent and the places in your past they may be hanging you up. Because research shows that the more a parent understands and can articulate their past experiences, the closer they can be to their children.
The Parenting by Connection approach provides you with tools that will last a lifetime. You can apply them now, regardless of your child’s age and then continue to use them with confidence as your children grow and develop.
You can be the parent you want to be – and with just eight weeks of individualized attention, you are investing in a peaceful and loving future of parenting!
Celebrating parents, supporting children, achieving connectedness–because you and your child are worth it!
Julie’s class was my first introduction to Parenting by Connection and it changed my life! The material and exercises changed the way I parent, helping me give myself permission to slow down, be present to hold my son’s emotions, and respond in a calmer and more loving way. I think they have also changed the way I listen to people, generally! Thank you, Julie!
~Lydia, Mother of a 6 year-old.